Basic Reactor Physics
The course is intended for prospective station technicians and other personnel with tasks relating to the operation and/or maintenance of the plant.
The aim of the course is to enable you to:
- describe the fundamental nuclear principles that form the basis of the operation of nuclear reactors
- describe how the reactor and the core are constructed at the Swedish PWR and BWR plants
- describe a reactor’s dynamic properties during start-up and operation
- describe the stages in the fuel cycle from uranium mining to final repository
- describe some common reactor types in addition to those occurring in Sweden.
The main content of the course
- Basic nuclear physics
- Structure of the reactor core
- Neutron cycle
- Reactor dynamics during start-up and operation of BWR and PWR reactors
- Other reactor types.
Knowledge equivalent to the requirement for recruitment of control room personnel.
Tip a colleague!
Would you like to tell a colleague about this course?